Revered singer/songwriter/activist Sarah Harmer has introduced facts of an substantial 2022 North American tour. Her 2019 album Are You Absent acquired Juno and Polaris Prize nominations, but the pandemic prevented good tour assist for it until finally now. The tour launches with two exhibits at Peterborough’s Marketplace Corridor (Feb. 23 and 24), and concludes with a May 27 live performance at Guelph’s War Memorial Auditorium. A March 25 date at Toronto’s Massey Corridor is a very likely tour spotlight. Itinerary and tickets right here
– Tomorrow (Nov. 19), Curve Tunes (via Warner New music Canada) releases a 10th Anniversary re-concern of Garth Hudson Provides: A Canadian Celebration of The Band. This version incorporates extra artwork and new packaging, a 44-site booklet, and two formerly unreleased reward tracks- Whispering Pines (Garth Hudson featuring Doug Paisley) and Million Dollar Bash (Garth Hudson showcasing Steve Leckie w/ Kevin Hearn & Thinbuckle).
The album, recorded in between 2008 and 2010, was made and done by Garth Hudson, with co-producer/engineer Peter J. Moore (Cowboy Junkies, Lucinda Williams) at his aspect, and options guest appearances by an all-star Canadian forged, including Neil Young, Bruce Cockburn, Blue Rodeo, Cowboy Junkies, The Trews, The Sadies, Great Big Sea, Hawksley Workman, Mary Margaret O’Hara, and Ian Thornley, between many others. In a press launch, John Angus MacDonald of The Trews recollects that “Working with Garth was one of the terrific highlights of our occupation. As lifetime-extensive lovers of The Band, and in particular of the vibrant, playful levels that Garth laid around the top of every song he performed on, we have been honoured to get the prospect to make tunes with him in the studio.”
– Guitarist Jesse Prepare dinner releases a new studio album, Libre, on Dec. 3, and has just announced a cross-Canada tour for early 2022. Dates begin at The Port Theatre, Nanaimo on Jan. 17, closing out at the Grand Theatre de Quebec, Quebec Metropolis, on June 8. Itinerary and tix below
– Ottawa chamber audio orchestra 13 Strings has introduced a return to in-particular person concert events, with four planned for the Carleton Dominion-Chalmers Centre for its 2021-22 season. A are living-stream element will also be utilized. Much more facts here.
–Survival as a recording studio for 50 many years is an impressive milestone, and Toronto’s Kensington Seem plans to rejoice in fine fashion. A occasion will be held at the historic Grossman’s Tavern on Nov. 30 from 6-11 pm. “Make sure you be a part of us, fall-in, say howdy and re-hook up with our splendidly proficient musical neighborhood,” invitations KS.
– Canadian Guild of Audio Supervisors hosts an on the net Summit, Nov. 18-20. Industry experts will be demystifying & breaking down the aged question, “How do I get my music in Sync!?”, and discovering other themes relevant to the sector. Sign-up listed here.
– Audio Publishers Canada has announced its next Songs Legal rights 101 for Movie and Television session is set for Nov. 25, 1-4 pm ET. The crew from Stohn Hay Cafazzo Dembroski Richmond LLP will explore the core lawful rights of tunes rightsholders, and offer an overview of how music is cleared for use by Canadian film and tv producers. This session is meant for people today doing work in the film & Tv set industries (which includes producers, organization affairs specialists and leisure lawyers) interested in creating their knowledge about audio licensing and clearances. Register in this article
– Acclaimed Toronto singer/songwriter Jadea Kelly has just posted a online video for her new one, Driveway, from an album coming in 2022. The clip was filmed on an LA rooftop by award-successful Canadian francophone director, Nathaniel Siri.
– The Juno-winning Okavango African Orchestra plays an Africa With out Borders live performance at Alliance Francaise Toronto on Dec. 4, 9 pm. Advance tix only, below
– On Nov. 26, Toronto-based jazz instrumentalists and band leaders Tara Davidson and William Carn will release a joint album, The Heritage Of Us, on A few Pines Documents. It is currently being introduced with a 4-night run at the Rex Hotel & Jazz Bar in Toronto, Nov. 24-27.
– Tunes PEI is seeking for expressions of interest for the Golden Ticket Program from PEI-based recording studios. This exceptional application assists an artist to document one particular song and launch to all platforms like radio and streaming. Each and every artist is assigned a producer and an engineer/studio. Nov. 26 is the deadline to use at [email protected]